Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Snowboarding

We've just got back from a fantastic week snowboarding with our English friends Carrie and Simon and Swedes Andreas and David. We hired a little log cabin and have had an action packed week of snowboarding, sledging, 'sauna-challenges' (ruuning outside in the snow after a sauna!) and an eventful ski scooter ride where Daniel crashed and nearly broke my hip!!
Snowboarding seemed a lot easier than last year with a lot less aches and pains but I still think I've got a bit of a way to go to match Daniel's speed and stunts!!
Just a few pictures from our trip....
(Carrie & Simon filmed some movies of us all skiiing and snowboarding so I'll have to fgure out how to put them on here)




Simon, Carrie, Daniel & Andreas
Our top floor 'stuga' - the stairs were a bit lethal for running down during the 'sauna challenge'

All straped onto our boards and ready to go!


A well dererved 'after ski' drink!!


Just admiring the view!


Sunset from the top of the slopes!



11 Comments:

At 6:51 PM, Blogger kimananda said...

That looks like such fun! :-)

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger DayByDay4-2Day said...

that sunset is do magical looking.

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger niki yokota said...

welcome back Helenchan lol
what a beautiful lady and sunset!!!

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Shaznay said...

I'm so jealous..you have snow and moutains near by. I don't...well, I have beach+sun, which is an excellent thing as well! We can'r have both things or can?
Last year, I went for the first time to a snow trip. It take me a few days to get used to the snowboard but at the end of the week, the result was good :)
This year I couldn't repeat the trip...:( maybe in 2008

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger verniciousknids said...

Stunning sunset!

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger Frank said...

Hi Helen and Daniel, Congratulations on getting married. If I had of know in time I would have come to the Church. Sorry. I saw Daniel a while ago just before he caught the train home.

We'll have to catch up when you have time.

Francis

 
At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Katariina said...

Hi guys!

What a great blog! Have enjoyed reading it! You haven't been here for a while. How are you going? Got married??? Looking forward to reading more about life in Sweden :)

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger narzissa said...

I always enjoy your blog, and thought I'd post you a little comment here. I linked to you at http://goscandinavia.about.com/od/blogs/Blogroll_Blogs_About_Scandinavia_Scandinavians.htm

Thanks for an interesting blog,
Terri

About.com Scandinavia Travel
About.com Scandinavia Travel

 
At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have a series on Swedish customs running on our blog. We'd be very glad if you'd let your readers know about it, especially if you'd post about it/link to is/follow it.

http://catholicheritage.blogspot.com/search/label/Sweden

Thanks!

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Pravin said...

I enjoyed ur blogs a lot.I will be coming to Gothenberg in Aug.I would really love to do snowboarding. I am from India and I have never seen snowfall in my life.I ll really like to see that.... :)

 
At 3:47 PM, Anonymous baresytapas said...

I entered this site by chance, but I found very interesting. A greeting to all the people who visit this page.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home