Friday, August 18, 2006

Wedding

We had a busy few days to the end of our Swedish summer holiday last week; on Wednesday we went fishing, on Thursday we went to watch the athletics and on Saturday it was Richard and Linda's wedding. I've posted 3 separate posts about them below, but it has taken me all week to do it as I've been super busy at work and every time I've tried to post them Blogger has refused to let me add any photos...but I got there in the end!!

On Saturday we travelled back to Trollhattan for Richard and Linda's wedding. Richard is English (Daniel used to work with him at Saab) and Linda is Swedish so it was a traditional Swedish wedding service and reception, but held in English! Richard's Dad and step-Mum are both priests so were able to conduct the wedding service themselves, with the Swedish vicar actually pronouncing them 'man and wife' to make it official!






Linda's daughters Fanny and Emilia were bridesmaids - I have only ever been to weddings where I have been a bridesmaid (4 times!) so I was ready on standby if they needed me to step in!


The reception was held in Alberts Hotel, which is a beautiful old hotel opposite our old flat. We had a 3 course meal, which was punctuted with lots of Swedish songs, one of which included putting a bag on your head, paper plates on your ears, platic glasses over your eyes and sugar cubes in your mouth as buck teeth (I was laughing too hard to do this!) - I think seeing everyone in the room looking soooo stupid was one of the funniest things I have ever seen!

5 Comments:

At 2:14 AM, Blogger Sonia said...

Congratulations to the beautiful couple!
You look beautiful, Helen! Your husband is handsome, too!

 
At 4:29 AM, Blogger Connie and Rob said...

Looks like it was a beautiful wedding. You and your husband look so cute together.

The picture of you with partaking in the fun of the Swedish songs is priceless. I can't imagine a whole room full of people doing this and singing. You guys sure know how to have a good time.lol

Hugs,
Connie

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger niki yokota said...

awww~ is that Dumbo or Minnie Mouse?!
soooo CUTE!!(^o^);;;;
congrats on ur friend's marriage!!
she looks pretty in wedding dress.

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger verniciousknids said...

Lovely dresses, the bride's and yours. It sounds like the Swedes really know how to party :D

 
At 2:37 AM, Blogger DayByDay4-2Day said...

I tell you, I just love the humor in all your traditions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home