Sunday, August 06, 2006

Möhippa

Yesterday was Linda's Möhippa (hen party) ready for her wedding next Saturday. In Sweden it is traditional for the bride to know nothing about her Möhippa and to be kidnapped and taken away for a day of stupid games and drinking! The day was planned in total secrecy and with military precision...

11:50 - Waiting in the woods before sneeking into Linda's House and kidnapping her!



12:10 - Linda being made to wear a bee-keepers outfit! (No real reason for this other than to make her look stupid when we went outside!)



12:30 - Picnic and Femkamp. Femkamp is a series of 5 silly games, such as throwing wellies, tying a knot in string with one hand, and the game in the photo below - trying to get a pen which is tied round your middle in a beer bottle! Not a very lady-like pose!



14:00 - Bowling

(Continued below as Blogger didn't want to let me have lots of photos...)

2 Comments:

At 5:51 PM, Blogger niki yokota said...

awww~ kidnap!? not a very lady-like pose? LOL!!!!
this is the funniest thing i've seen in a long time.
thank u soooo much, Helen-chan!
congrats on ur friend's marriage!!

 
At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Helen!

Just found your blog, and am very pleased reading it! I like the way you describe Sweden's traditions, special days, the snow and all that!
I'll keep visiting :)
I found you while looking for blogs os expats in Sweden, for my boyfriend is a Swede, and I like to know more about his home.. I've visited his familu in the south of the country this summer, and was amazed with the nature there, as well as the kindness of the people! I'm an expat myself, a brazilian studying in Paris!

Cheers, and keep writing!
Carol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home