Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Look who I met..

Look who I met in the park today...



Well, I didn't quite 'meet' him as he lives in the animal enclosure in the park up the road! There is however an elk on the loose on the other side of Gothenburg who has been seen wandering along the main shopping street and drinking from fountains so I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for him too!

Just after I took this photo the batteries on my camera unfortunately ran out, which was a shame as the Mummy elk came out of her stable and right up to the fence to have her photo taken. There were 2 calves there too last time we went to look so I'll have to try and take thier photos next time...

I've only seen a glimpse of an elk in the wild so its quite amazing to watch them and realise how huge they really are!

(Carrie and Simon - next time you come we won't have to drive around for miles 'elk spotting' - we can just go to the park!!)

9 Comments:

At 4:53 PM, Blogger Connie and Rob said...

Believe it or not we have a park here in St. Louis called Lone Elk Park. It is very fun cause the elk will sometimes just about put their head in the car...not mine...I roll my window up.lol

So they haven't caught your shopping elk yet?

Hugs,
Connie

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger verniciousknids said...

Is this the baby elk?! He's enormous!

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger niki yokota said...

oh ive never seen elk.(^o^);;
he looks soooo CUTE!!!!

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Baby Angel said...

Is an elk the same as a moose??? i agree with niki...he's goodlooking!

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger DayByDay4-2Day said...

the batteries always do that at the best times don't they???

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Liam said...

The Swedes call moose elk, and what north Americans call elk, the Swedes call Red Dear.

The other day, after a dip in the nearest lake, My girlfriend's family decided it would be fun to try and spot some moose here in Enköping. We figured we wouldn't get to see any, but it would be fun trying. We managed to see 8 of them, including 3 baby moose. Go Sweden!

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Ali said...

How far away from the moose were you?

 
At 9:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

 
At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home