Monday, July 24, 2006

Hot in the city!

We've just come back from a very lazy 9 days at home. I think we picked the right week to be at home for a holiday as the temperature was up to 35C/95F for most of the week so we just spent a lot of time lounging around in the garden - it's a hard life!

We were also home for Mum's birthday and celebrated with a meal out...





On Thursday we had arranged to meet up some friends in London. Despite having lived in London for the 5 years (university and working) prior to moving to Sweden, we've not been back to London for nearly 2 years so it felt very strange to be back! After living in Trollhättan with a population of 52,000 and then moving to Gothenburg where there are 879,000 people it felt very cramped to be back in London with another 7 and a half million people!!


The photos below are from Oxford Street - there aren't many things I miss about London, but the shops on Oxford Street are definitely one of the things I do!






6 Comments:

At 8:46 PM, Blogger Connie and Rob said...

Well I am glad you had a nice visit with your mom and dad. Looks like your pictures are fun but I can see what you mean about how busy it is in the streets. I think you are happy in Sweeden now...

Take care,
Hugs,
Connie

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger DayByDay4-2Day said...

I've always wondered how it must feel to drive on the top level of that bus.

 
At 1:37 AM, Anonymous suzy said...

Oooh, I miss London shops too!

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger verniciousknids said...

I love Oxford St shopping :D

 
At 2:48 AM, Blogger kimananda said...

Great pics...I used to work at a school right near Oxford Street, so it brought back some memories. Thanks!

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger niki yokota said...

you look sooo happy and young!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home