Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Keep on running!

We had a lot of rain over the weekend, which has finally washed away the last of the snow and ice, so when Daniel asked me if I wanted to go running earlier I didn't really have an excuse! We've been running on the treadmill at the gym during the Winter but to go running again on real ground was really hard work! We ran a lap of the canal which runs infront of our flat - it was so nice to see this familer route free from snow at last!

Last summer we ran a 12km race called Kraftprovet (The Power Test) which follows a route along by the river and canal, twisting through the forest and over a waterfall, finally coming very steeply up the towpath by the side of the lock system. We completed it in just over an hour, but the Kenyan winner completed it in 36 minutes, so I think we've got a bit more training to do if we want to beat him this year! Below are before and after photos, with our friend Thomas.
Before...

... and after (absolutely exhausted!)

7 Comments:

At 10:14 PM, Blogger kimananda said...

I'm very impressed! I can walk for hours at a time without problems, cycle for maybe a couple of hours...but I don't even like running for a bus!

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger DayByDay4-2Day said...

You are one impressive woman.

 
At 4:02 AM, Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Rain, Rain, Rain! I've been wanting it to rain. Last month and this month seems to very hot and seems heat is getting to me.

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger verniciousknids said...

What's impressive is that in your after photo you don't look like you've run 12 km at all!

I'm glad to hear that the snow is disappearing for you :D

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Connie and Rob said...

Okay you still look very pretty even after you ran a marathon.

Are you getting excited about moving yet?

Take care,
Connie

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Bella said...

Gee - it must still be cold though! When I run and its cold my nose goes bright red and my ears freeze...ok - no more excuses! lol

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger niki yokota said...

yeah u still look like u can run more...lollll
12 km is unbelievableeee!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home