Monday, March 06, 2006

Snowboarding & flat hunting


On Saturday we woke up at the horribly early time of 5am to go on a days ski trip organised by a bar in town, Butlers. We left Butlers at 6am and arrived in Hovfjället at 10am, ready to spend a day snowboarding (and drinking as there were free drinks all day!). There was lots of thick, fresh snow and the temperature was down to -15 C which meant my nose kept icing together, which is a very strange sensation! By the end of the day I feeling a bit more comfortable and confident snowboarding, but I was still amazed by the tiny 3 year old Swedish children zooming fearlessly down the black runs - I think I've got a thing or two left to learn!


On Sunday we drove down to Gothenburg again to look at a flat. The flat was in Linne, which is right in the centre of Gothenburg and is full of lots of little cafes and interesting book and antique shops - it reminds me of London's Notting Hill. Linne is our favourite area of Gothenburg but also one of the most popular, so we were amazed when we found a flat that was available and in our price range. The flat we looked at is a beautiful 1890's building, and all the rooms have huge windows, high ceilings with the original architrave and lovely restored wooden floors. We really, really loved the flat but just have to wait until tomorrow to get a definite 'yes' that we can have it. Keep everything crossed for us!!

Below: Its the light cream building in the middle.

11 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Blogger Marie said...

Holding our thumbs for you. I know what a pain it is to flat hunt here, so it's a real bonus if you find something you love and in the right area.

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger DayByDay4-2Day said...

I give you credit for snowboarding.!!!

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger kimananda said...

My fingers and toes are crossed for you! And, your nose icing together? I can't even imagine how strange that must feel...another reason to be thankful that I met a guy from Copenhagen, and not from the North of Sweden! ;-)

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Connie and Rob said...

Oh my gosh I wish you all the best of luck!!! I will keep my fingers crossed for you. It looks like a lovely building and I know you would be happy there. Now I am excited...

Please keep us updated.

Connie

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Etchen said...

Great blog you have here, I enjoyed perusing it! I especially love all the photos--Sweden looks like an amazing place!

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger Sonia said...

Love so much your photo, Helen!
Beautiful with your snow's glasses!

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Swedish Girl said...

Haha, I know exaclty what you mean - those kids have no fear of death!

Göteborg looks beautiful... can you believe it, I have never been there, being a pathetic Stockholmare.

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Jacqueline said...

Ohhhh did you get the flat?

You are very brave, do you know that??? Snowboarding....nah, not for me, I´d probably crack my ribs!! Hahaha!! Glad you´re having so much winter fun!!

 
At 2:35 AM, Blogger Nabeel said...

cool pictures .. i like the roads going down hill .. are all roads or most roads like this .. i.e. downhill structure

 
At 2:48 AM, Blogger DayByDay4-2Day said...

Thanks for the encouraging words!

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger niki yokota said...

that is really horribly early time..lol
and -15C!??? awww~
im always surprised at ur awesome photos and activities!!
thanking u and have a happy weekend!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home