Monday, February 13, 2006

Snowboarding





Daniel and I have spent the last week snowboarding in Stöten, which is about 450km north of us, just on the border to Norway. It was absolutely freezing (-21 one day!) but we had lots of new snow and bright blue skies to make up for it. We were staying in a little stuga (Swedish for cabin) right at the bottom of the slopes.



I had only been snowboarding for 3 days before, so 6 whole days of snowboarding nearly finished me off (I can barely walk today!) but by the end of the week I felt as if I'd finally cracked it! Daniel was a real show off and started practicing his jumps, but I think I'll save that until next time!

One afternoon we went out on a scooter safari up the mountain which was great, although my face got soooo cold I thought it might actually fall off! It was only us on the safari with a guide so we were able to really zoom along without having to wait for any other scooters behind us.


To see the rest of out photos click here.

11 Comments:

At 5:29 PM, Blogger Marie said...

Wow, it looks so cold and so alpine up there. I love the look of the snow hanging around in big drifts - very pretty. So when can we expect you to sign up for the Swedish Olympic team?

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger DayByDay4-2Day said...

Snowboarding??? wow I can only wish.

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Just by looking at the pictures gives me the chills too. Can't relate much on snow as back here in our country we don't have this winter season. Don't really know how snow looks like, feels like and smells like.
Pictures are wonderful. You really had a good time.

 
At 5:34 AM, Blogger Connie and Rob said...

You two have so much fun together! I just watched snowboarding on the Olympics. I guess you will be doing all those extreme tricks when you get good.

You pictures are great. Thanks so much for sharing.

Happy Valentine's Day,
Connie

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Nabeel said...

nice pics !!

 
At 7:48 AM, Anonymous Suzanne said...

Great pictures and so were the oh so familiar pictures of Trollhättan. Would have been nice to have met as I'm at the same Komvux as you and live in Trollhättan out in the country. I'm "Suzanne" at Amerikanska and LIS or "suzcubfan" on Live Journal.

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Nixxie said...

Nice pictures. you are so much more daring than I am. I love the snow but actually snowboarding or skiing is out of the question right now.

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger niki yokota said...

awww~ i cant imagine such cold temperature tho.. ^^
ur face was falling off?? awww~
pls take care, helen-chan!!
i think ur bf looks handsome like tom cruise!!

 
At 2:43 PM, Anonymous unowho said...

Have just spent a wonderful hour browsing through your site...your way of describing the snow as a Narnia world is so apt. The photos are beautiful...gorgeous blue skies creating atmospheric mauve shadows...makes me want to get the paint brushes out....I'm going to tell my children at school the story of the suspected elk tracks...their eyes will get bigger and bigger...but shall I tell them it was only snow over a frozen stream? You could write a childrens story based on your adventures...

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Sonia said...

Wow, beautiful and amazing photos! Snowboarding, what a great adventure!

Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog. Would be great if you post some photos from Egypt!

 
At 12:46 PM, Anonymous eXtreme Sports said...

Wow, I really dig your blog man. It's so cool your into sports like that. I wish I had the guts to do the same. I dared to make a website about it: eXtreme Sports, Greetz Xtreme!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home