Sunday, December 11, 2005

Julbord


Last night about 18 of us all met to eat Christmas dinner in a little log cabin in the woods. It is the second year we have done this and I think we'll be doing the same again next year. We ate a traditional Swedish julbord (Christmas dinner) with everyone bringing a different dish . The food included ham, pickled herring, smoked salmon, deer heart (!!), hard boiled eggs with caviar, Janssons frestelse (potato and anchovy pie), spare ribs, boiled potatoes, mini sausages, pate etc. It was all lovely but so different from the English Christmas dinner of roast turkey and vegetables!! To add a bit of English tradition we brought mulled wine, mince pies and Yule log with us.

4 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Blogger Sonia said...

Hi Helen!
Christmas' dinner looks delicious!

Thanks so much for taking the time to look and for the nice words on my blog. I've followed you back to yours and I like your place. I bookmark you and I will return soon. Regards.

 
At 5:15 AM, Blogger Connie and Rob said...

Great looking table. The food sounds wonderful but you got me with the "deer heart". How was it prepared and did you try it?

Connie

 
At 11:44 AM, Anonymous suzy said...

That sounds so cool! What a great experience. I love swedish-style dill potatoes.

 
At 1:54 AM, Blogger DayByDay4-2Day said...

our Christmas dinner will most likely be
Ham, with sweet gravy
mashed white potatoes
Sweet potatoes (yams)
Corn
deviled eggs
relish tray
Home made bread
pumpkin pie

and tha tis only after we snacked on fresh baked cookies all day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home